Friday, October 20, 2006

my 18th birthday


..delivered yesterday from Mommy and Daddy...
THANK YOU!!!

Turning 18 had been a wonderful gift to me. The time I realized that it was my special day, the very moment implied gratification of all senses. Everything was closely related to the past but not identical. The contrast between wisdom and ignorance connived with my consciousness that I’ve learned many things through the years and the closing stages are far-flung.


My decision on how I am going to celebrate 19th of October was central to drama. It involved my dilemma that I’m willing to have a formal party, with the 18 roses and everything, only if my dad could witness the celebration. For me, dancing with him on that very day will be the best gift I’d ever receive in life. It was an ongoing search for a moment with a very close person to my heart. The discordant bit that cannot make it all possible is that he’s out of the country and can’t leave work for a while for it. My inner drive to strongly support my decision came.

Here are some pictures. I can't upload all pictures yet because DSL fucked up at home and I'm at a net cafe right now...

with Tito Delfin, Tita Aida, Aim and Monica

with my girls

with my mom and sister

with Papa Jimmy and Mama Alice (my loving uncle and aunt)

I decided to stick with my plan of gathering my friends and spend my whole night with them. Last Tuesday, I went to Krocodile Grille in Greenbelt to make a reservation for next week. I told mom that that if we’ll have a dinner buffet whatsoever with our relatives, I want everything to be a simple one. Forget the getting and spending thing. I had no idea what came to her mind and I was just surprised that she had a reservation in Discovery Suites for me.

I appreciate everyone who came last night. I am very very happy. I found myself, who I am today. I owe my existence to my parents, from the day I was born, at once so delicate. The current manifestation of my character can no longer be separated from me. I still cannot win my freedom from the pain but I have to stand firmly on the ground and do what it takes to change something in this sorry world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww!

You looked really sweet in the pictures dear! Honest!

(:

I am glad that you had a great celebration with your family and also friends. And of course, it's awesome to see you so happy on your special day! Hehehe.

*biggie smiles*

Muahhh!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated birthday to you
Best wishes for you and may you find what you have been looking for
:)