Tuesday, October 03, 2006

get real

Having bizarre circumstances trained me to familiarize what is within me. I believe that what I call for is inside me: strength, determination and stability. I can give it a go if I would want to. It’s miraculous enough to just wake up in the morning, bear in mind that madness could begin or end immediately.

I don’t say that we don’t need people. Dealings with people around develop one’s horizons and learning is endless. I can learn about myself each time I learn something new about someone. What drives me to intimately hold on to a connection, whether it is with a buddy or family member, is achieving the affirmation that I am someone worthy of time and attention; and that I’m not used only for the worth he could get from me. A personal truth can produce a false expectation (we are worthy of love) when we create it as reality. That is why often times, people go away, depressed and lonely when love is not reciprocated. What I do think about is we don’t require socializing to satisfy our basic needs. Having ourselves is enough. Imagine the end where you’ll find yourself alone, calculating the amount of wisdom gained from all experiences.

Justifying our existence can be made each time we create relationships. I try to know myself well---fully. I’ve been practicing it. I want to make sure that I can come to myself to quench my loneliness when no one else could. I don’t want to be too much of a coward when no one affirms me. I should believe that I can get any better when I have confidence to share myself openly by revealing to them my wants and needs. If ever I share my anger only to myself, I’m just decent enough to not let anyone suffer on my selfish desires. And I am doing it, see.

Be fair. That’s all I ask.

If any moment you feel that you’ll falter, you know where to find me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We need to attune to ourselves most of the time and we are the only one that can make sure that we are loved and everytthing nice that has to do with ourselves.
We still need minimum reassurance here and there... but we are the main point... who's gonna love us if we do not love ourselves...
Keeping things behind one's closed heart is not easy and for you to let others rant to you is a gift but so is ranting to others...
Take care... for you are loved... by yourself and those who cares...
:)

Anonymous said...

I do agree with you fully dear --- your entry. It's good that we're able to love others and share what we have with them. Appreciation is another key in a relationship. Yes, everyone should get and be real and face reality. And I'm glad that you're in my life, honestly. Muahhh!

-Kyels-

Anonymous said...

for only someone who has love himself/herself and loved someone more than his/her own life could unquestionably tell everyone that he/she knows love in every detail...ironic it may be,but perhaps life is what it is...ironic...