Friday, December 22, 2006

tagaytay and batangas

I think I’ve just crossed the threshold between reality and fantasy. The moment we arrived at Taal Vista in Tagaytay this afternoon, the view captivated my attention. It was stunning, beautiful and dramatic indeed. I felt that something in me was hurting but without waiting for another moment to escape. I knew that it was the best time to be alive. I wrote down a short poem using my phone.

From there, we moved to Picnic Grove. There was a tourist guide who gave us an offer if we’d want to avail a package in order for us to have a closer look on the Taal Volcano. Since my two friends love photography, they said it was all right. When everything was settled, we got in the car and had a short drive to Batangas.

The waves were a bit terrible when we were on the boat. Our bodies became wet but excitement filled the air. It reminded me of our boat ride in Palawan before. Oooh good memories. I looked up, tilted my head, and observed the wonder of my surroundings.



riding a horse


When we reached the shore, we can rather trek or ride a horse. We rented horses going up. Ahh, what an adventure! Unfortunately, it was past 6 in the evening when we reached the top. We did have a look on the crater of Taal but it was a bit gloomy already.


top!

(I got this crater picture from someone on the net. As what I've said, it was a bit dark already when we reached that place so wasn't able to capture it like that.)

Amazement came out naturally. Imagine, I was there, as the clouds masked everything, every corner I could see. The wind blew through my skin and finally, I got the feeling that I was part of something – something real and beautiful.

When we rode our horses again to go down, I began to remember how much I enjoyed it, being outside, having an intimate connection with a piece from the world. It was really really dark and it scared me somehow so I decided listening to some songs on my iPod. The stars were out, warm and glowing very slowly. They guided my thoughts on how I should face tomorrow when everything will be different again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I really loved the spectacular view of the Taal Volcano. It was an experience, definitely.

And plus, to enjoy it with you means a lot more dear. I'll never forget this vacation.

(:

Anonymous said...

The star were shining brightly and it lit up not only the sky but hearts
:)
I love volcano and stars