Saturday, June 24, 2006

hitting life with a bang

My strong want to play for people was granted last night at Club Halo Makati. I couldn’t be any happier. It has been almost 7 years after I first decided making a choice to learn drum playing. It’s not everyday that I can let somebody else see me play the drums. I gave my very best.

Four bands came last night. My band played 6 songs; 3 covers and 3 original compositions. Take this from me, how much I appealed requiring some muscles in support of strength each time I’d roll and revolve my drumsticks around. Breathing in an opaque fog of desire to be a man maybe? Ha ha ha! Just kidding. Generally speaking, we got good feedbacks.

Two video clips from our performance last night:
(1) Part 1 of "Anino"
(2) Part 2 of "Anino"

After the gig, around 12 midnight, I went out with my friend and headed to Starbucks near her place immediately. My thoughts proceeded to sink into a sane conversation with a person. Ahhhh… Many thoughts I’ve been carrying for days. It’s safe to unleash a heavy vaporous distress in the presence of someone you trust most.

I won’t say there’s this lack of power to stand on the ground and get a hold of several things my heart longs for sincerely. Dispatching the walls and allowing them envelop my frustration at a certain place can be a personal disaster in the future. One inspiration can turn out to be a monomania but for now, logic should colonize the head of my system and stay on the parallel level.

Disasters presumably start even on smallest things. And with the series of dramatic events that happened around me, how can I not sway trauma and release it? For whatever reason, dreaming is a solution to restore and put back into labor my evident misery. I dreamed of someone last night, probably a reflection of discouraged revelation. And on the edge of my sleep, I woke up and said silently, “Forget it.” I ponder on why my sturdy attempts to not recall can’t be possible. Yet, life seems so much like remembering all the time and in my case, uncovering the motive in my heart most of the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and your band dear!

And you rock in the video! Heehee. The song was good. Seriously!

(:

I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Too bad I wasn't able to see you rock the joint! Haha.. I know you're really good. Keep rockin' the world one step at a time...\m/