Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Oohhh Vienna Teng!!!

How long can I go on with common cold, cough and fever? Rarrrrr. My body is still being attacked by some forces that make me pale and weak. I press myself though to go to the university with my wish to sustain this energy left. Strangely, this is my struggle! Ha ha ha!

The first sway of wonder and appreciation hits my mind listening to some female singers nowadays. I have a secret audience in my mind that is pleased each time songs from Vienna Teng, Tori Amos, Ani DiFranco, Joan Armatrading, Sheryl Crow and Sarah McLachlan would be heard. Over the years, Michelle Branch’s songs are buried as valuable treasures in my chest.

Very appropriate for the moment are Vienna Teng’s songs. The heart and mind dominance conquers my deepest desires. Her songs are full of meaning and interesting to the point that they tempt my being and wipes away the melodramas of my life. Deep thoughts slide next to me; satisfaction appears exclusive, but in reality, it’s challenging to arrive at that state.

Vienna Teng - Eric's Song (my favorite!)


"strange how you know inside me
I measure the time and I stand amazed
strange how I know inside you
my hand is outstretched toward the damp of the haze"

Vienna Teng - Enough To Go By


"would it be enough to go by
if there's moonlight pulling the tide
would it be enough to live on
if my love could keep you alive...
so carry the weight
carry the weight of me in your heart
carry the weight
carry the weight of me..."

Vienna Teng - Between


"freedom is being alone
I fear liberation but something more alive than silence
swallows conversation
no pleasing drama in subtle averted eyes
the swelling fermata as the chord dies... "

Vienna Teng - Harbor

"sail your sea
meet your storm
all I want is to be your harbor
the light in me
will guide you home
all I want is to be your harbor..."

Joan Armatrading - The Weakness In Me

"Why do you call me when you know I can't answer the phone
Make me lie when I don't want to
And make someone else some kind of unknowing fool
You make me stay when I should not
Are you so strong or is all the weakness in me
Why do you come here and pretend to be just passing by
But I mean to see you
And I mean to hold you, tightly.."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shucks ... I hope you'll get well soon dear. Don't push yourself too hard alright and rest when you need to.

*huggles*

And I've to say that Vienna Teng's songs are beautiful. The words used in her lyrics are deep and they echo sentiments that one may have in themselves. Awesome!

I miss you!

(:

Anonymous said...

Just droppin' by ... Hope you are feelin' better by now dearie.

*huggles*

(:

Gericus said...

Vienna Teng's lyrics are realy beautiful! It's been nice read this words!! Ciao!

Le liriche di Vienna Teng's sono veramente meravigliose! E' stato bello leggere queste parole. Ciao!