Friday, July 14, 2006

Superman Returns

It’s no secret anymore that Batman is my first love when it comes to action figures. I never really enjoyed playing with dolls even when I was still a child. All my friends could tell how I can nearly go frantic about him that very often, I’d get Batman stuff as a present. In spite of being a Batman fanatic, I wanted to develop a sense of entitlement to watch Superman Returns. Starring Brandon Routh as Clark Kent and Kate Bosworth who’s listed on my top 3 Hollywood actresses as Lois Lane, it can absolutely be very overwhelming to elicit lovely fantasies in my mind while watching! My curiosity was grasped for a couple of times that I decided going to a movie house with someone quickly today.
Some stuffs in my room..
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Superman doesn’t belong to humanity yet desires to work alone saving the world. The Man of Steel is the savior of men that his charisma gushes forth like temperate oil. His bodily muscles manufacture him as someone physically attractive, and the pride in him challenges the evil, lures injustice to surrender. On one hand, he’s like a persona of an alien not well connected to people. Still, he has the ability to instantly acquire trust from them the moment he flies and rescue those who are in need of his help. I can tell you, he’s passionate to the core. The part of the movie which includes romance in his saga made my mood a bit cheerless.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

His mysterious disappearance for five years confused the city of Metropolis and served up the unkindness of love to Lois Lane, a journalist for the Daily Planet. It’s true that distance can fracture some relationships. For this case, Superman didn’t even say his goodbye to the love of his life and just left. His silence made Lois disappointed, without any knowledge if Superman belongs to her or will never belong to her again. The genuine hope flew by some means, and the moment Superman came back, she’s engaged and has a son already.

I don’t think Superman is selfish. We can never know how heavy his heart was the time he had to go away from the Metropolis. It might have been filled with guilt, bitterness and loneliness. Who knows? The man is no more a hero? Don’t think that way. Sometimes, people should go when they can no longer supply your needs. They may try as much as they could but to the point that will no longer gratify what you really require for. People do change when things around them modify resulting in consequences they can’t agree to anymore.

Ah… distressing. Goodbye is unspoken yet a highly aching subject. A lot of people would agree to the notion of some people leaving without even saying goodbye. And when the person comes back, expects that nothing has changed. How pathetic, right? Very unfair to the side of Lois who waited and tried so hard to move on and go on with her life without her Superman. Life is just like that.

Somewhere deep in my conviction lies the truth that Superman is a real hero. I can't be like him who's ready to sacrifice my personal happiness for everybody else's. He can never have Lois. His power keeps him in a condition which is to protect human kind all the time. So what do you say?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omigawd ... Heehee. So cute!!! (pointing to the picture)

Sacrifices ... This is something that one cannot avoid and the same for Superman. He may not be a human but nevertheless he had to sacrifice the love of his life. And yes, who knows, and I believe that his heart did hurt badly when he had to leave Lois without saying goodbye.

And to me Superman is not selfish either because things happen for a reason - always.

Mish you!

(:

Ayesa said...

Some Batman stuffs dear. Hahaha :D I also want Nemoooooo... remember? Heeheehee :)

You take care today! Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

You want Nemo? Of course I remember dear! Heehee.

:D

You take care too! Muahhh!