Saturday, July 08, 2006

let me fly

Dad left Pinas :(

Since the time I learned bout my dad’s international work, I knew that the value of a father couldn’t be replaced by anything. Dad had worked in different places outside Pinas. Those were the days I could’ve said about dreams, failures and jokes personally with someone very special who’d never make me feel stupid or embarrassed.

Distance has the capacity to fill the void in my heart for completeness each time I feel my love for my father inside my heart, encouraging me to live and be thankful. When we headed to the airport yesterday afternoon for Daddy, I thought years I cried without him have solidified tears I could shed. Hey no. Physical changes may have eventually appeared in my life but not emotional changes. I saw myself with the “cry baby” who’ll be waiting with her mom and sis for Daddy to come home by next year.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Constant sacrifice. I’m a fan of my father when it comes to patience and strength, you know.

Jeni celebrated her 18th birthday last night.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I was very happy seeing my barkada and some members of 4L Pets way back senior year. Aieen, Kris, Loren… where are you guys?! We tried replaying all events of the past. They’re so damn real hard to digest. Ha ha ha. Life goes on. Some of us may have involved ourselves in sensitive situations we can’t cancel out anymore but we'll always be there for each other. I wish I could protect my friends from the interests of others who would want to give it a try hurting them. Quality is extremely irreplaceable and I will never go for quantity.

I’ve heard enough of the latest scoops in our batch. We ended the night throwing jokes. I avoided the appeal of all the highs and drunkenness. I made a promise to myself, do not come into the gates of reckless living again. Friends teased me, “May thing kayo niyan before diba?” My senses used to be perfect every time I’d see someone attractive and I couldn’t help to feel completely dismantled. Fuck, I’m not coward to speak for myself anymore and sing, “O tukso, layuan mo ako…” Ha ha ha. Enough is enough. I can’t be a slave to blind attraction. And besides, I’m very much contented with my life right now. I guess I’ve surrendered to the real sense of security.

God, allow me to become faithful with what you’ve given me. You know me. I’m very honest and open with you that I’m often lost on my own. You accept me nonetheless. I’m so tired running from the unidentified, explanations and cruel judgments. Someday, I’ll be the person I want to be, right? Right? Be with me. Stay with me. Accept me. Forgive me. Love me. Let me feel the kind of serenity I’ve never felt in my life before. Please.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God's love is unconditional and He will definitely protect you from everything and let you feel the serenity that you have never felt before. I guess that is the reason why we believe in Him and have faith in His powers to bring us back whenever we feel lost or anything.

(: