Tuesday, April 25, 2006

firewoman, dont water down desire

Yesterday, I accompanied a friend to see a doctor. Take note, I had to get annoyed, scream and frighten her a bit first (ha ha ha) for her to comply with my will. Her ill health has been disrupting daily commitments and we must inquire about the medication to follow. My pediatrician had moved to the States and I don’t know any other healthcare professionals. I called up UST-H and asked for recommendation.

The ride to the hospital was exasperating brought by traffic and scorching heat of the sun. Her head when held by my right shoulder, I observed one face with no makeup, pale lips and silent suffering. The doctor said that all symptoms explain viral infection but there’s nothing to worry about. She can definitely free herself of such illness the natural way. Thank God!

From the hospital, we had the idea of going to Popstar. We sang couple of songs. I tried searching for Firewoman on the list of songs, not there, boo. Belinda Bye Bye was a better alternative and all songs from Barbie Almalbis.

Barbie let her Belinda go and the song explains why. The soldier tattoo on her chest fits her. She may have that feminine look but the inner strength she has is captivating. She knew how to move me in the direction of discovering more things about myself and to never ever stop learning.


Av surprised me with this stuff from EK. Wooohoo!


I still think of you.
You left a shade on my veranda today. One spirit speaks, devoid of moderation as you breathe in the gelid weather, I offer you warmth. You held the soil and crumpled, raging against one misfortune. One step forward, I saw you and then, faltered. Could anything be more horrible? Instead of you, I have this, and all enlivening pieces to put together.

I feel so safe.
I was so young that time, in my bed, covered by a sheet of comforter. The scenario given can put to vision how I felt inside. I used to hide the real side of mine for safety. You started asking things for me to answer. I found myself uncovered when I opened up to you everything about me. You were there and you never left me. I told you how weird I would always feel about myself, in return you said, I am authentic. You called me by the nickname “Free” for the first time. From that day on, I knew it. Our friendship will never end and I shouldn’t be afraid to be myself.

Hold on.
How do I start? See, I’m tensed. Would you calm me again? A smile from you (my eyes couldn’t quite get in touch with) should be called beautiful as I've named every part of you. I would hold you against your will and love you the way you’ll never forget. I suffer another attack of affection at this point---something versed in many languages I doubt if you'll ever get to learn or know. I’ll hold on to this spiritual form of vice. If sooner you’ll be too painful to handle, would I let go? Maybe I should but I don’t want to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your friend is on the road to recovery. :)

You speak of that person that you are upholding right now ... In such a serene and full of love manner. It's impossible to get such a good and unique person like you that will uphold a friend so closely.

Amazing, isn't it?

*hugs*